Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Goodbye Georgia, Hello North Carolina

Hey guys,

I've been in NC for a couple days. I was glad to finish GA, and then I hit the 100-mile mark today!! Woohoo!
My ankle is holding up pretty well. It's been sore at the end of the day, but it hasn't really bothered me to the point where I have to slow down my pace or anything like that. Also I had a 16-mile day on Monday, slackpacking from GA into NC, and then I got a ride back to the motel in GA for the night of crazy tornadoes/thunderstorms, etc. And I had a 15-mile day yesterday, with a full pack! I've got some more pictures from the past few days, which have been gorgeous. Check 'em out!

Here's Franklin from one of the vistas today:


Here's a pretty awesome view we had from the top of Albert Mountain (5250 ft):


Good morning, NC (Tuesday, 4/5/11) - I thought I left all the snow in New England!!

Here's me crossing the GA/NC border!

I wasn't really sure what a "swag" was, but I looked it up on google in Hiawassee, and I guess it just means a really low valley between two peaks. I was kind of hoping it was like the "place to be" on the AT:


Well, that's all I have time for now. I'll keep updating this as I go along. Thanks for following!

No comments:

Post a Comment