Sunday, March 27, 2011

Neel's Gap

Hey all,
Just spent the night here in Neel's Gap, GA, after hiking about 11 miles in the pouring rain yesterday. Got a sweet cabin with the crew of Mike, Mark, Martin, and Phil. We're a motley group but we make it work together, and we're all pretty much in the same shape as far as experience and pace. I've learned a couple things in the first few days: I don't like hiking in the pouring rain. I'm not really a conversational hiker. And I really like working with gravity rather than against it. We took a zero day here today just to allow our stuff to dry out and spend some time here at the outfitter's getting some needed supplies and working on cutting out some unnecessary weight. Overall I'm feeling pretty good, other than being tired in all the possible ways. Thanks for following me, and I'll keep updating when I get a chance. We're planning to stop in Hiawassee in 3-4 days so I'll probably update again when we're there.

GMB

1 comment:

  1. 1) eliminating the guitar?
    2) The question/answer "what is max doing right now?" "probably walking" has already become a daily quip in our house. :D

    ReplyDelete