Thursday, April 21, 2011

Hot Springs, NC

Hey guys!

I was going to wait to post until tomorrow, but the library here is closed for Good Friday as well as Saturday!

I had the best day out here on the AT yesterday, and here's the story: Tuesday, the Booty Club (Phlegm, Almost There, Pixel, Austin, and Jana) hiked 3.5 miles into Standing Bear Farm, where we were planning to have lunch before moving on, but we all decided that we wanted to stay because it was such a cool place. The reason I really wanted to stay was because last night there was a huge barbecue with over 50 lbs. of pulled pork and baked beans! It was awesome! So we were able to slack-pack 19 miles south back to Standing Bear from Lemon Gap, and then start at Lemon again this morning and hike 14 miles north into Hot Springs. Yesterday was my favorite because I hiked Max Patch Bald in the driving rain, and then hit Snowbird Mtn after the weather had cleared up and got some awesome panoramic views. I'm not sure why, but Max Patch in the rain was just incredible. I took a video at the top, and it's a pretty awesome moment, but I can't upload it here. I also wanted to create my youtube channel today, because I've got several videos I want to post, but unfortunately youtube is blocked here at the library.


I'm glad to be in town today, because the 14 miles I hiked today were the most boring miles so far, especially in comparison to yesterday's awesome 19. Also I'm going to be staying at a sweet cabin with Chucktown and some others. It's going to be awesome to take a couple days off here!


And now the library is closing, so I need to make my way toward some dinner. Catch you all later, probably when I'm in Erwin!

No comments:

Post a Comment